Sent ONT to O3, where I clicked to swap for ONG ... then all ONT disappeared. Where did it go? When will it return as ONG?

Sent ONT to O3 from Neon wallet. All good. In O3, I saw my ONT. But when I clicked to swap for ONG … all my ONT ($400+) disappeared. Where did it go? When will it return as ONG?

According to NEOscan, it went to this address: AFmseVrdL9f9oyCzZefL9tG6UbvhPbdYzM

and looks like this in O3:

"Sent 2018.10.07 @ 22:57

ONT -249.8"

Please help. All I did was hit the “conversion” link within the wallet. I wasn’t trying to send it to anyone; just to convert via the provided link inside my wallet interface.

Thank you.

Hello, you did the right thing, no problems there. The issue is you were too late for the swap. Before the passing of the deadline the tokens would show up in your wallet within 24 hours, but this has been changed to a month and everything will be verified manually by Ontology.

Please check this post:

I would expect you to get the tokens in November somewhere. And it will be ONT tokens you receive, not ONG. ONG is to ONT as GAS is to NEO. The token swap just migrates your tokens from the NEO blockchain to the Ontology blockchain, and you will receive Mainnet ONT tokens. These ONT tokens when on the mainnet then generate ONG.

Thanks Arco! Much appreciated. So, if I understand correctly, I missed the deadline (I was having firmware update issues with my Nano Ledger) and missed the deadline. BUT the deadline has been extended in that my tokens will be converted from “old ONT” to “new ONT”, and these ONT will produce ONG, like NEO produces GAS. (I was in NEO when it was ANT!). And the only difference is that I will have to wait a month for verification vs. instant verification? Yes…?

If so, my next question is how/where do I buy more ONT? I hear I need 500 to try for a Node, which, according to my understanding must be 1. in a O-Wallet (vs. O3) and 2. is done by lottery. Is this correct?

If so, I’m used to buying with BTC on Binance. Do I purchase ONT there with BTC?

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

Your understanding is correct!
To get more ONT, I would suggest using Binance like you said through BTC or ETH :wink:

The only thing that you might have misunderstood is the part about the ‘node’. Technically you are not running a node and it’s not by lottery. You can stake in multiples of 500 ONT. Staking will be into an existing node, so it will give you more ONG rewards. But you lock your ONT up so it will be sent to the node until you want to withdraw it. And anyone can participate if you have 500 ONT, so no lottery. Please check this post for more info:

Even more awesome! I’m a bit of a luddite. But I’ll work to figure out how to lock it up and stake it with a node.

1 Like