[SOLVED] Staketology: Where did my Stake Go After Updating to 2.0.4?

I was staking some ONT and was able to see its progress on the embedded Staking section of the O3 wallet. I understand Staking has now moved to a dedicated App (Staketology); However, I do not see my stake listed there.

Guidance is appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,

When you open Staketology, does it open correctly in your browser?
Also, if it does, when it asks you to connect are you sure you are connected to the correct wallet?
If so, can you give us your address, and let us know if you’re on windows or mac?

Hey Arco.

It appears I was using the “grand-fathered” NEO account instead of the ONT account I used to stake my ONT. Having said that, prior to the O3 wallet update, I had to connect my Ledger Nano to access Staking, now the Staketology app is asking me for my private key, something I don’t feel comfortable sharing and I don’t think I have since I’m using the Ledger Nano.

I checked my address on neoeconomy.io and my stake is shown there.

Maybe an update is coming for folks with a Ledger Nano?

Thanks

Hello,

It should not matter whether you use a NEO or ONT account (they are one and the same), also Ledger should not make any difference either. Can you let me know what exactly you are seeing when you connect your ledger and try to access the staketology apps.

I am in the same situation as you and when I try to connect my ledger and open staketology it will show the below connection screen, then when I click accept it just opens the staketology page with my stake there. If you can show me what happens to you that might help find the issue.

Yep, that’s the popup I get. I have two wallets. The first wallet opens up just fine but does not show my stake. This matches with what I see on neoeconomy. With the other wallet I get the below screenshot asking to enter my “private or encrypted key” but I don’t have this. This is the wallet that neoeconomy shows my stake on.

My two wallets are:
Wallet-1: AayfNJMmLRLbXHhQSyTvqK6XS8jCkcr73u
Wallet-2: AQ3eBgdwQXa5WpcUaFGgfGirNVjUqEHiwq

I’m using Windows and Chrome.

2019-03-23_13-18-27

Appreciate your help.

For that wallet where it asks you for the private key, if you open that one in the regular wallet/portfolio screen in the app does it show the ledger icon next to the address?

It does not show the ledger icon.

I see, in that case, can you do the following?

1. Go to settings menu, click the pen icon on the right of your wallet (the one that asks for your private key)
  2. In the wallet settings menu click ‘Remove Wallet’
  3. Next follow the steps to remove your wallet
  4. Connect your ledger with NEO app open
  5. In the settings menu click ‘Import wallet with Ledger’.
  6. Follow the steps to add your wallet once more.

After that, it should work. It should show you the ledger icon on the top in the portfolio screen and won’t ask for your private key anymore, instead you need your ledger connected.

That did it!

After digesting it all, it makes perfect sense now.

Thanks for your great help!

1 Like

I need your help plz, I have requested withdraw from staked ONT. Last run, I cant withdraw it and I have tried several times. Pls help me and withdraw it from this node

You will need to wait two rounds to withdraw your stake. I assume you made a request for withdrawal during the last round, so then you will need to wait until the start of the next round!