Trying to import wallet from Owallet to the o3 wallet using ledger

So ive just downloaded the o3 desktop wallet. i currently hold all of my ONT on the Owallet and my NEO on the neon wallet. I rather have everything in one place so it makes sense for me to keep everything on the o3 wallet. So anyway, when i try to add the addresses at the o3 interface all i see is my neon wallet address and not my Owallet address. Is there something im missing? Or do I just need to import/sync the Neon wallet address first and then just send all the ONT from the Owallet to the o3 wallet after i established that?

Hello! Thanks for moving to O3 :wink:

The problem is that OWallet creates a different set of addresses for Ledger, that are only compatible with Ontology and not with NEO. We decided to go with the same address scheme as the NEO ledger ones so users can access the ONT funds on their NEO addresses too. Now the problem for you is that you cannot load the OWallet address into O3 since you created it with ledger on OWallet, giving it a different set of addresses.

Indeed what you say is correct. What you should do is import the NEON ledger wallet address into O3, next login to OWallet with Ledger, and just send all the funds from Owallet to your existing NEON Wallet address that you just loaded into O3.

1 Like

Yeah thats what i figured. Not a big deal at all. Its an easy switch so i dont mind :slight_smile:

BTW I love this wallet. Seriously, great job. Super user friendly in an all in one tracking wallet. It reminds me a little of the ledger live desktop with all the additional features and cool charts to look at. - 10/10 :smiley:

2 Likes