Version number and Update

Hi guys,

first of all, thanks for all the work you’ve been putting into your project. I really like what I’m seeing, so far.

Something minor still bugs me a bit, though. I’m used to download software directly from the developers’ homepage and not through AppStore (or Windows Store etc etc). As far as I can see the O3 desktop software doesn’t auto-update, correct? Could you include the version number in the filename so that people can see if there’s a need to update their software?

Best Regards,
Mark

1 Like

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the positive feedback :slight_smile:
If you download from the App store it should do auto-updates, unless you set it specifically not to do that. Regarding the direct downloads, we will at least include the version number in the filename so you can see whether you need to update. We’ll also try to include an in-app notification if you are on an older version :wink:

Well, thank YOU for that positive feedback. Would be awesome to see those things being “fixed”. :+1:

Personally things like having to create an Apple ID in order to be able to use the App store are a huge no-go for me. That’s why the direct download really makes things convenient.

Thanks a lot in advance, and keep up the good work.

1 Like