How do I transfer from ONT Explorer to O3 wallet

Thank you for creating the new O3 desktop wallet.

I have ONT and ONG in Explorer.ont.io

1. In the Explorer.ont.io where do I enter the O3 wallet address,

2. How do I unbind the ONG in my Ont Explorer account

Hello,

I’m not sure what you mean with you have ONT and ONG in explorer.ont.io ?
You must have them in some kind of address, set up in an other wallet like ONTO or OWallet?
To switch to O3, you will need to import your wallet. You can check a setup guide here:
https://medium.com/o3-labs/o3-desktop-setup-guide-dd132ad39d8c
This describes the import process for most used wallets, it’s the same for ONTO and OWallet, you need your private key or encrypted key to log in. You can also make a new wallet, and just send the funds there.

When I received the 2nd airdropped ONT for NEO holders this ONT did not come directly to my NEON wallet but I could view it on Explorer.ont.io where it was referenced by my NEON wallets address.
Initially there did not appear to be anywhere on the explorer.ont.io site that allowed you can send this ONT. Today I noticed the Hash tx by my ONT on this page so I tried to add this hash tx to my NEON Wallet.
Now it is about 5 hours later and this ONT has not shown up on my NEON wallet but the explorer.ont.io site says that the ONT was transferred successfully.
What do I do?

Hello,

It’s because NEON wallet is a NEO only wallet and does not support Ontology Mainnet.
We suggest you transfer your wallet to O3, please use the guides in here to do the migration:

In your case I assume you should take the Import from NEON wallet.

Sorry to be a pain.

If I transfer my NEON wallet to O3 will my ONT come with it or is my ONT lost somewhere on cyber space, (over 300 ONT) as it is currently not showing up in my NEON wallet or on explorer.ont.io

Is there an advantage to the O3 wallet over the NEON wallet, at present I am happy with the NEON wallet I really just want to get this airdropped ONT into a wallet where it can be safe and earn some ONG.

Hey there,

Yes, there is definitely an advantage over NEON. Since we are supporting both NEO and ONT you can claim the ONG you want, and interact with assets and (in the future) dApps on both chains. Also I think we offer a more easy to use app and user-friendly interface but of course that’s up to you to decide.

So you can just load your NEON wallet address using the guide I sent in the post above. If your ONT tokens are showing up on explorer.ont.io on that address then you will be able to use them in O3 together with your NEO and NEP5 tokens that you were using in NEON.

So I believe I followed the steps accuratly in the Import NEON wallet instructions you sent me.

I went to my NEON wallet, went to Manage NEON settings, I exported a wallet recovery file, saved the .json file on my computer (only 125 bytes) this file has a Firefox icon.

I opened my O3 wallet, had existing wallets already so went to the instructions for that process. I went to the wallet dashboard, went to the settings icon, clicked on import a wallet file, this brought uo my files on the computer, I choose the son file I had created from my NEON wallet.

I received a “wallet file import success” message just as in the instructions.

I went back to the wallet dashboard and selected the pull down menu for the wallets. My NEON wallet file was not one of the wallet options.

I am not sure what the problem is.

I resaved another .json file from NEON wallets but the file still had a Firefox icon on it and was only 125 bytes in size.

Suggestions?